Friday, October 23, 2009

Jeremiah

For I know the thoughts I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.
Then shall you call upon me, and you shall go and pray unto me, and I will hearken unto you.
And you shall seek me, and find me, when you shall search for me with all your heart.
And I will be found of you... (Jer. 29:11-14)

Yeah, I have loved you with an everlasting love: therefore with lovingkindness have I drawn you. (Jer. 31:3)

Call unto me, and I will answer you, and show you great and mighty things, which you know not. (Jer. 33:3)

How wonderful are the promises of God!!!

Just recently, one of my coworkers and I were discussing the mercy of God. We are both outdoor people that love to be surrounded by God's handiwork. When you spend your time outside, among God's creation, you begin to realize how small you really are. The scripture teaches that if God's people fail to praise Him the rocks will cry out... and how true it is. All of nature sings in symphony a glorious melody of praise to its Creator. So why can't I? God help me to speak of His wonderful mercies and amazing grace.

"What is man, that you (God) are mindful of him?"

No comments: