Friday, August 28, 2009

Aren't you hot?

I went to the car wash yesterday to.. uh... wash my car?! =)
I rolled down my window and the first thing the guy said was, "AREN'T YOU HOT??"
I was kinda' confused, it took me a second to register and then I said, "What?"
He said, "I asked you if you were hot."
Hmmmm... well, I was seriously trying to figure out what he meant... could mean a few things right?
Well, I said, 'What do you mean?'
I mean hello folks, I live in PHOENIX, ARIZONA...
not sure if you've heard but this place is like purgatory for many people and a good tactic to convince people to change their ways before passing on.
I mean come on - the weather is consistently 110+ degrees...
hello??

Am I hot?
Uh, YES!
I'm stinkin' HOT!!
Isn't everyone in Phoenix??


So all this was whirling in my head in less than 5 seconds and then he said,
'I mean, your clothes, I mean you're wearing so much of it.'
HUH?
So first I had to wonder, who asks someone that?
I mean, I don't go around asking total strangers why they do things.
Hmm... though, now that I think about it,
the responses might be pretty interesting.
Hmmm?
Haha!!

So you have to understand, I was sitting in my car with the A/C on full blast and he was standing outside asking me if 'I' was hot.
:-/

I was wearing a thin 3/4 length sleeve t-shirt with a little cap sleeve T over it... both were relatively thin and cool in their own right.
Both were probably the weight of a guys polo shirt.
I then quickly replied,
"Well, aren't you hot?"
He said, "Uh, well, not really, I mean.. but you're wearing 2 shirts."
This is were I kinda' chuckled and said,
"YOU ARE TOO!"
He looked down and to his dismay said,
'Uh, yeah, well... I guess I am, huh?!"
(Insert: epiphany)
Phoenix all of a sudden got brighter and the temp went up a few degrees.

He then said, "Well, that's not the same, I mean mine is short sleeve."
The funny thing is that my top was a couple inches below my elbow.
He was wearing a heavy weight Polo with the standard 'white-guy-T' under it.
Haha! =)
It was so funny.
I was talking to my mom on the phone when I pulled up for the wash, so she heard the whole exchange.
She said I shoulda' told him,
'Why yes I am... thanks for noticing!"
She cracked me up!! She's funny!
(She's a shy person so this, of course, adds to the humor.)

This is what I was wearing.
Ok, well, a little less face and a lot more clothes, I guess. Hehe! 8-)
Do you ever have those crazy little details in life that just crack you up and if it happened at any other time it probably wouldn't be funny? Hmmm.... this is probably one of those, I guess you had to be there moments. Oh well, it's my blog and this is all I have to write. haha! :)

No comments: